Friday, March 15, 2013

Rogue Crew

Summary

Redwall Abbey has never seen a creature more evil or more hideous than Razzid Wearat. Captain of the Greenshroud, a ship with wheels that can sail through water as well as the forest, this beast is a terror of both land and sea, traveling Mossflower Country, killing nearly everything-and everyone- in his path. And his goal? To conquer Redwall Abbey.

From Salamandastron to the High North Coast, the brave hares of the Long Patrol team up with the fearless sea otters of the Rogue Crew to form a pack so tough, so rough, only they can defend the abbey and defeat Razzid Wearat once and for all.
(Summary taken from the book.)


Afterthoughts
The Redwall series has fascinated me since I was a child. For those who haven't read any, Redwall books are categorized as animal fantasy. The characters are all talking and clothed animals who live in Mossflower wood and usually have adventures that involve protecting Redwall Abbey from vermin. So, for those who find this strange, be fore-warned but don't completely write the books off. They are really good.
Back to the book.
I was excited to read the book because the 'featured animals' in the book are otters. Otters have always been my favorite characters in these books. Unfortunately, they were not featured as much as I wanted, which was disappointing. The pace was fast and there was plenty of adventure and heartbreak, but the plot was very similar to other Redwall books and predictable.
Rogue Crew was the last book written by Jacques before his death last year. I am glad I read it, but I was disappointed overall. It's worth a read, especially if you haven't read any others, but not one I will probably read again.

Warnings
Some violence, but nothing explicit or gory.

Extras
Fun activities for Redwallers

1 comment:

  1. Blast from the past!

    I've read almost all of the Redwall books, and own quite a few. Nice to meet a fellow Mossflower resident.

    ReplyDelete